"Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not depart from it"
"...Bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord..."
ICGC's Children's Ministry, dubbed: Jesus People, is committed to helping and supporting parents in the spiritual formation of their children, using a Christ and bible-centered approach.
ICGC believes that it is the primary responsibility of parents to ensure, not only the physical and emotional well-being of their children, but also their spiritual health and development. A healthy reverence for God and the things of God, go a long way in defining and determining a child's character, the kinds of choices and decisions that he or she makes , and ultimately who that child becomes, as a result of these choices and decisions.
ICGC's Children's Ministry does not attempt to usurp the responsibilities of parents in the ‘raising’ of their kids; it simply aids parents in re-enforcing those lessons and disciplines that, hopefully, they are already teaching and inculcating in their children. Below are the specific goals of ICGC’s Jesus People Children’s Ministry.
It is our goal:
- To encourage our children to learn in an age-appropriate setting, with a curriculum designed to educate them in the things of God.
- To lay a solid Christ-centered foundation in our children’s lives, one that will stand the test of time and sustain their faith into adulthood
- To teach our children God’s Word, so they will grow to think the way God thinks and live the way His Word commands.
- To inculcate godly habits and lifestyles in our children that will be manifested in their daily walk, whether at home, school, on the playground or in church.
- To help our children develop an appreciable understanding and respect for the principle of authority and authority figures.
- To make each child’s experience at church fun, safe, and beneficial as they grow in Christ-likeness
- To allow parents and other adults have a great worship experience at church, devoid of interruptions.